This pumpkin pecan waffle recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-day snack. Pro tip: make them ahead of time, throw them in the freezer, and pop ’em in the toaster for a quick grab-and-go snack.
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups milk or milk substitute
- 2 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat or whole grain flour*
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Topping: chopped pecans
- Pure maple syrup and whipped cream(optional)
*Wheat flour has a slightly darker color than traditional white flour. It includes the whole grain which makes it a little more nutrient-dense and fiber-rich. Double-check the label when shopping—technically all flour comes from wheat so you want to look for 100% whole wheat or whole grain flour.
How To Make Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients: puree, eggs, melted butter, extract, milk.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients: spices, baking powder, and flour.
- Cook waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to manufacture instructions.
- Serve with favorite toppings.
Nutritional Information & Macros
Macros per serving (before maple syrup, whipped cream, and chopped pecans):
- Calories: 449
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbs: 62.3 g